Автор Тема: problem after a measure of a capacitor charge!!  (Прочитано 70563 раз)

support

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
Re: problem after a measure of a capacitor charge!!
« Ответ #15 : 03 Июнь 2012, 16:12:27 »
better to use 1% tolerance
but common 5% also may be used.
if you set 1 ohm then insert known capacitance capacitor into socket and tune left pot to reach reading you need

alexmarines

• Новичок
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #16 : 03 Июнь 2012, 18:14:31 »
ok thx a lot!
sorry for my poor english..in your last post you tell me to put a resistence of 1 ohm with max 5%of tollerance and after i have to put a capacitor in the right socket of esr meter and then tune the left potenziometer until i read the correct value of the capacitance..is it correct?
left potenziometer is R9?
and the right potenziometer R15 what's his use?

support

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #17 : 03 Июнь 2012, 22:11:23 »
i am trying to explain "step-by-step"  ;)
R9 tunes capacitance measurement precision
after you tuned it OK next step is tuning R15 (ESR-R precision).
Insert 10 ohms resistor into socket and tune R15 so that 10.0 will show.
Then do calibrate and check for precision for "low-ohms" resistors i.e. 0.22, 0.33.... 1 ohms
If it needs you can tune R15 to provide maximal precision in range 0....1 ohms. Calibration needs to be done after every tuning of R15!

alexmarines

• Новичок
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #18 : 03 Июнь 2012, 22:56:20 »
perfect!!
now i have understood!  lol

then i need of a resistence of 10 ohm to put into left soket where there is wrote "10 ohm" and after i tune the R15 until i read 10 ohm.
do you think i have to tune also with a resistance of 100 ohm in the left soket where i read "100 ohm"?
then i need also of a resistance of 0.22  0.33 etc etc.. and 1 ohm to put always in the left soket where i read "1 ohm" and after tune by R15.
is it correct?

thx for your great support!

support

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #19 : 03 Июнь 2012, 23:15:49 »
YOU NEED TO INSERT RESISTOR INTO RIGHT SIDE OF SOCKET (INSTEAD OF CAPS) NOT LEFT!
:) no need to find exactly 10 ohms, it may be 15 or 8.2 ohms, you need just tune R15 and provide that device shows nominal value of this resistor. The main thing is to provide maximal precision in range 0...1 ohms, you don't need precise measurements within high-ohms range so doesn't matter 100 or 105 or 95 ohms you get while measure test resistor 100 ohms.
« Последнее редактирование: 03 Июнь 2012, 23:17:57 от support »

alexmarines

• Новичок
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #20 : 03 Июнь 2012, 23:23:39 »
ok thx :-)

then i need of some low resistors for example 0.22 ohm 0.33ohm 0.50 ohm and 1 ohm.
tomorrow i will buy it!  if i will find it!!  lol  ;-)

but if i try to do the calibration with the lead in the left soket where i read "1 ohm" and i read on display 1 ohm, i don't need to tune R15!
is it correct or not?

support

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #21 : 03 Июнь 2012, 23:51:18 »
but if i try to do the calibration with the lead in the left soket where i read "1 ohm" and i read on display 1 ohm, i don't need to tune R15!
is it correct or not?
yes. if you will do calibration with probes you should see 1.00 at socket test resistor
+/-2% is normal dissipation (0.98...1.02)

alexmarines

• Новичок
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #22 : 04 Июнь 2012, 10:22:01 »
YOU NEED TO INSERT RESISTOR INTO RIGHT SIDE OF SOCKET (INSTEAD OF CAPS) NOT LEFT!

now i read!

i have to do the calibration with the resistor on the right side of the soket to tune capacitance and esr and not in the left side of the  soket.
is it correct?

then the left side of the soket..what's his use?

« Последнее редактирование: 04 Июнь 2012, 12:12:46 от alexmarines »

support

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #23 : 05 Июнь 2012, 01:36:42 »
yes right. you should connect cap while you tune C and connect resistor into THE SAME holes (at the right side!) while tune R-ESR precision
Left hand side is only for fast device checking just connecting probes and check 1-10-100 ohms.
I dropped manual to your email (as it is bigger than allowed here 256 Kb)

alexmarines

• Новичок
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #24 : 05 Июнь 2012, 10:33:10 »
thx for the manual. but is it the same i find on the site in pdf?

i have bought a normal resistor of 1 ohm to change the broken resistor and soldered in the esr meter: i read it with multimeter and it's of 1.14 ohm. is it good or not good for precision?

after i did all the tune but i don't have the correct values..i explain you what i have done:

with esr meter switched off:

i put the capacitor of 470uf in the right side soket,i switched on the esr meter and i waited for calibration done and after i tuned the R9 until i read the correct capacitance and after i switched off the esr meter.
after i put another the capacitor of 1000uf in the right side soket,i switched on the esr meter and i waited for calibration done and after i tuned the R9 until i read the correct capacitance and after i switched off the esr meter.
i put again the capacitor i calibrated before of 470uf and the measure now is not correct.

after i tried to tune the esr:

with esr meter switched off:
i put a resistor of 10 ohm in the right side of the soket, i switched on the esr meter and on the display i read 10 ohm.
after i switched off the esr meter and i put a resistor of 0.22 ohm in the right side of the soket, i switched on the esr meter and waited for calibration and i read a wrong value of resistance,then i tune the R15 until i read the correct value.
i switched off the esr meter and i put a resistor of 0.33 ohm,i switched on the esr meter,waited for calibration and i read a wrong value of resistance,then i tune the R15 until i read the correct value (about 0.33).
after i switched off the esr meter i tried to put again the resistor of 0.22ohm,switched on the esr meter,waited for calibration and now the value was again wrong and not 0.22 ohm.

it seems the values not are registered in the esr meter when i go to tune the r9 or r15 for othe measure.

i have to check other components?
« Последнее редактирование: 05 Июнь 2012, 12:08:33 от alexmarines »

support

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #25 : 06 Июнь 2012, 00:52:58 »
no. wrong.
you need to tune R15 with 10 ohms resistor first.
AFTER THAT you need to do calibration and check if low-ohms resistors measure properly
Just insert any piece of wire into right side of socket before you turn it on.
Then as you told you turn meter on, see "cal ---", "cal done" and after that you can remove short and check it with low-ohm resistors there on socket.
If you tune R15 again, you need to calibrate unit again one more time.
If you turn it on WITH some cap INSERTED into socket, device also will calibrate, BUT it will "think" that ESR of this cap = 0 so all other readings for other caps will be less by this value (it will be substracted from real ESR)

alexmarines

• Новичок
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #26 : 06 Июнь 2012, 10:13:38 »
yes it's true!   ;D

sorry for my incompetence!!   :D

then i have to use a wire to do the jumper on the soket!
then first i tune the capacitance and after the esr,always with the wire!  ;D

thx for all!
today i will do the tune!

support

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #27 : 06 Июнь 2012, 13:54:27 »
yes, wire is needed only to do calibration, you just must show to device "WHAT IS 0 OHMS?" and it should remember that in its EEPROM ("cal done")  ;)
There must be 2 pictures in Russian manual (2 ways for calibration - with probes and wire)
« Последнее редактирование: 06 Июнь 2012, 13:56:14 от support »

alexmarines

• Новичок
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #28 : 06 Июнь 2012, 16:32:48 »
ok thx!! 
can you tell me where i can find the picture you told me?
i didn't find on the russian manual!

support

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #29 : 06 Июнь 2012, 16:50:59 »
did you get device with "paper" manual or not???
it must be together with unit
hehe, took some pictures for you.
you can make similar things just for checking/tuning